Sunday, December 7, 2008

The brilliance of creative chaos

In the spirit of the post where I submitted a photograph of my office, I found this lovely article on desk-related chaos.
Here's a quote that details an experience that I have often gone through:
"There are books that I know I own but I have to buy them again because I can't find them."
I found this article a relief because I always thought my chaos was evidence that I wasn't the intellectual I thought I was. My dissertation advisor, for example, is the picture of perfect organization. It turns out, if the article is to be proof, that I am on the right track. One needs chaos in order to pontificate. However, unlike the author, the only thing growing hair in my office is my cat. As far as I can tell that is.
Read the article here: The brilliance of creative chaos
And information about the exhibit that inspired the article: Eamonn McCabe's Writers' Rooms exhibition at the Madison Contemporary Art

First post written on a mac. Phew!

No comments: