Friday, January 9, 2009

Adages of the Day

Hello all! Is there anyone out there? Apologies for the extended break. The holidays and other stuff going on was a little distracting. But I am back and so is the diss.
I few adages I learned this week that are helping me motivate:

"Most people would prefer to clean bathrooms than write."

and

"There are two types of dissertations, Done and Not Done."

The first I like because it reminds me that the ickiness I feel when I sit down to write does NOT mean that I don't like my project or that I am not a "real" writer, but rather that writing is hard and everybody struggles. The second is helpful with the inner critic, that bitch, who likes to undermine me by questioning the quality of my work. The point is that I need to birth this baby; not birth it, raise it AND send it to college.

No comments: