Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Submission

I have submitted my first fellowship application, woo ho! It's a big relief! Especially because now I can stop wasting all that time on my dissertation chapter and focus instead on my blog! The process certainly required that I make my scattered pages into something focused and readable and that's not necessarily a bad thing. It also has enabled me to talk about my dissertation in a concise way and I successfully boiled it down to 800 characters (798 to be exact). Here's a snippet. It's a little out of context but I am still paranoid of dissertation thieves so I must defend myself:
"I argue that these writers sought to reject their own ubiquitous presence in photographic reproduction by finding new forms of self-expression, ironically the very same forms that photography experimented with, in which it would be harder for them to be seen."

No comments: