Friday, February 13, 2009

"Very Greatly Improved"


Well, the words from my dissertation director are....
"Very Greatly Improved"!!!!!*

This is excellent news, as my fear was that it would be more like, "What is this garbage?" or "How did you find a two-year-old to write this for you?"

Of course, "My God, your genius has brought me to tears" or simply "Best. Dissertation. Ever." would have been nice.

But her comments were sent only in a quick email to temper my anticipation. Of her changes, two are minor, and the third I knew I was a problem and needed some time to figure it out.

This is excellent news and for sure an inspiration to keep myself going!

Yippee! It's so great to learn that I don't suck!

*She was referring to the previous chapter draft she had seen.

2 comments:

Greenjeans said...

Yay, congratulations!! I don't think you get to have the bigger compliments until it's all done, so maybe that's why you haven't seen "Most brilliant work ever presented to this committee" written on top of your draft yet... ;)

Daisy Prescott said...

Your genius has often brought me to tears. (Feel better?) xoxox